Thursday, March 16, 2006

Holi Hai….


Dam, Jalali, Bedi, Amit and Jeetu... Wild!!!!

Holi, the festival of colors, one of the most awaited festivals in India. I was also waiting for this festival. This is my first holi without my family. I did miss holgi (a sweet dish) that is specially prepared during Holi. But otherwise it was a great Holi this year. My holi celebrations started on the eve of the day of colors only.
We all…. Amit, Sid, Jeetu, Jalali and Sangu went to Amit and Jeetu’s place that night. We had decent food and then started playing cards. We played mandigoat… I don’t know whether I have spelled it right.. But it was too good… We played up to 2 and then slept off….



From Left: Santanu, Mayukh,Debu, KT, Amit
and Jeetu trying hard to come in the foto...

The big day of holi came…. I had brought my dress for Holi already….Colors were also arranged a prior. Even we had Bhang ready with us…. At around 10:30 in the morning KT and Sid came home… (Sid went home that night for mysterious reasons yet to be found out JJ)… They had been colored already…. We sat for some more time and then went out to eat something… After eating we first put colors on each other and then embraced each other shouting… “Holi Hai”… It was amazing… Suddenly I felt a gush of energy in me with all the colors on me… Then we went around KD road which was a waste… Then we decided to go back home… As we started to leave… I got a call from Mayukh saying that Debu is in his home… We all rushed to his home and Dam was colored from top to bottom… He was in santanu’s room… The room was all red, green, blue and what not… It was just too good…. Then we all decided we need to go to some water place… We decided to go to Balmuri… So all of us went to Balmuri… There was a long discussion as to where we will get down in water… Finally a consensus was reached… Half of us in very shallow water and half in pretty deep water…. At the end of if all were in deep water… The best part the swimming or whatever by Sid… He almost drowned me and KT with him!!!!... And then the expression on Amit’s face once he came from his daring venture into Kaveri river was too good to miss…. Mayukh and Sangu were the stars, swimming, diving and motivating me and jeetu to follow them… Finally we came out from the water and went to have tea…
I had started the process of “Tearing Clothes” on our way when I tore a piece from Sid’s kurta and tied it on my head… That was wild… But something more wilder was yet to happen… When we came for tea I continued the process by tearing amit’s RBK shirt and then Jalali’s shirt and then Sangu’s shirt also… How can then I be spared… Sid pounced on me and started pulling my shirt… But unfortunately, again I got hold of his kurta and tore some more part of it….. But then the in evitable happened… Everyone pounced on me and tore my shirt into pieces… Literally there was nothing left of the shirt!!!
Just take a look below…

On the bullet with my Torn Shirt... I drove my bike 15 Kms wearin this...

We went back home and had lunch… Jeetu prepared Bhang, which was pretty weak.. We all drank Bhang and started waiting to get high… Well it didn’t really happen… But for a brief fifteen minutes we laughed like crazy… was it Bhang or not I don’t know…
I never imagined Holi being so fun without family… It was a great experience… Thanks to all my friends... Grazie ..


Practising American Football...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Escape Slow Downloads With NZB Files You Can Rapidly Search High Quality Movies, PC Games, Music, Software & Download Them at Alarming Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]NZB[/B][/URL]