Friday, May 12, 2006

Ice Ice Baby!!!

After an exhausting day at work (ya ya take the ironic meaning) finally Sid and me decided to go home. It was already 5:45, and it was getting dark… Sid had purchased a new pair of shoes and I also wanted one. So we had planned to go to the city for shopping. I stood there outside the office gate, and looked at the sky. I had a funny feeling. I was going to wet my pants today.
Look at the beautiful sight of the sky and you will come to know why I said that.


Finally Sid came out, “Oyye.. Jaana hai kya? Baadal dekh”
“Thik hai… Kal chale jayenge.. Par thoda paise to nikal lete hai”
So we started towards the ATM. Suddenly it started. The Rain. Sid said…”I will give you the money… Let’s go now…”
We started towards Sid’s house. Suddenly it started raining so heavily that the rain drops felt like stones being belted on us. I was driving and I took the most blows, but my head was saved due to the helmet. I felt happiness, fright and pain at the same time!!! It was a great experience. I asked Sid just for formality whether we should stop… I knew his answer… We didn’t of course!!! How could we miss this thrill!!!
We decided, for some unknown reason, not to take the ring road and took the shorter but fairly kaccha route. One reason maybe that there were trees around and the rain droplets or better I will call them rain bullets’ belting on us might be reduced. We knew little what was in store for us on this route!!!
We crossed the sankranti circle(Don’t worry about where it is…) and were just around 500mts from Sid’s house. Suddenly we were caught in heavy wind… It was as if caught in the tornado… Dust and mud was thrown all over us and I was riding a bike which was swaying like a swing!!! (A spicy little exaggeration!!) I saw a small shop, a tapri, to be precise. I decided we had to stop there and we did so… My face was all covered with dust; foolishly I hadn’t pulled down the glass of my helmet. I could imagine what must have happened to poor Sid!!! Even though I enjoyed the feeling….
We stood there. Sid, “Abe tune ole dekhe hai”…
“What is the ole?”…
“Hailstones!!!”
“Ya ya…”, as I said this… I saw the ole dropping from the sky. I couldn’t hide the excitement. I told Sid that we will go into the rain and eat some ice. He protested, not for eating nor going into the rain, but said it will be more fun if we did that once we reach home… Later I came to know, that he also had to save his new leather shoes. So we climbed on the bike and headed towards his home. This was one of the most thrilling rides I have had in many months. The ice was hitting us with all force. We are going at a considerable speed also. All the memories of school came back when a hailstone hit my knuckle… I remembered, the days when we were punished for not doing homework by hitting on the knuckles!!! But this was different. It was my decision to get hit and enjoyed it thoroughly… I was shouting as the ice hit my chest and hands… Sid tried to cover and put his hand in front, his bad luck as he put his hand a hailstone hit his knuckle also and he shouted in pain but in happiness!!! Pain also can cause happiness!!! No philosophies now…
Finally we reached Sid’s home. I kept my wallet, some papers and removed my shoe and ventured into the icy rain and Sid followed. I ate lots of ice and got hit on the head by lots of ice. It was awesome….
Just look at one of my poses!!!


Look at Sid…. He said this is some “The Shawshank Redemption” pose….

Look at me again after drying myself. You can see my sweetie (Yamaha) also in the picture .
It was a beautiful evening spent in rain and Ice. It was an indulgence, and I enjoyed every moment of it. (ok… Before I meet the same fate as Kaavya Viswanathan, the above line was adopted from a statement of John Abraham in The Week)
It was a very refreshing feeling after a day’s exhaustive work!!!

4 comments:

SiD said...

haan bhai exp to mast tha...
aur aaj zukaam bhi mast hai...
but what the hell... enjoy to mast kiya....

Anonymous said...

hey u making me jealous.. I cud only watch and not jump into the rain ..


-- Jeetu

Fleiger said...

Mysore gets some good showers. I remember one where the KD road had knee high water, flowing at high rate, and some idiot in Scorpio went through it at 40. I could understand the Kanadi swearwords my rickshawala used without any language barrier.

Anonymous said...

" I felt happiness, fright and pain at the same time!!! "

This reminds me of something else ;-D

-Guess who