Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Evolving Cast...

"Congratulate me guys… I have completed two years in the Software Industry!!!"
"Cool dude…"
"Congrats man"
"Sahe hai"….


What do you see here? I saw a very interesting thing in this conversation. I wasn’t pessimistic when there were umpteen chances of it. Luckily I didn’t say “I have survived two years in the software industry”.
Ironically it is true, but the funny English and its puns. People attribute different meaning depending on the context.
But fortunately I didn’t send any bad puns. Maybe it is with the fact that I have started thinking not in my native but in English. Involuntarily I was aware and hence didn’t send any bad vibes because it is really a time to congratulate myself about completing 2 years in the software industry. Man, by way of his interaction with the society sets up some goals that he has to achieve to be called successful. That is very true. You need to achieve the goals that you have set. But then there comes a time when you look back and introspect what all diverse things have happened to you while you are still moving towards what you have set to achieve. Many of these incidents or feats may or may not be inline with your goal.
After hibernating for almost 2-3 months, I joined my first company in Banglore on 20th Sep 2005. It was a beautiful experience. First time I was away from home not under anyone’s “guidance”. All I had were friends and I didn’t have them in plenty at that time. The training time was the best I have had in my professional life till now. Personally also it was an enriching experience. The best part is the friends I made. I had never met such a diverse population in my life before and I made full use of that. I made friends, friends out of which some are studying in IIM, or are in US, or studying for IAS or fashion freaks just to touch the iceberg of the diversity. They molded me into a cast that I never had imagined or even dreamt about. It was beautiful. My hindi speaking improved my ten folds. I started understanding many other languages in bits. I started appreciating the colors that I used to wear. These are just some surfaces of the cast I was put into. But like all beautiful things, my training ended & all that remained was the strong bonds that were created between me and my friends which have continued till date. Also what remained were the ever narrative experiences I had, pranks, shopping expeditions, jokes, funny names and what not!!!!
Then I was sent to a silent place named Mysore, where I was to professionally kick off my career. I started with a bang!!! It was fun for the initial few months. My activities ranged from understanding the manufacturing domain, to conducting quizzes, to gymming with the team. In the meanwhile, I bought a bike, my sweetie a RX 135. I only learnt to ride a bike in Mysore!!! That was yet another great feat. Then there was the Godfather craze, the sticker on my bike to the blog till date on Godfather. It was a crazy experience.
In mysore, I made some really interesting friends, the kinda people I had never had the privilege of interacting. Some were fitness freaks, some Software freaks and great teachers, and some crazy hindi song lovers. My cast also did take many surfaces from these guys. My hindi speaking improved by another 20 folds. I added a bit of Punjabi and Bengali to my vocabulary. It was in Mysore that I joined the blogger club, the Orkut and truly became a Global person!!! Haan haan… It is too much to say this, but after all I am a narcissist!!!
Now I am back in Banglore, amidst my old college friends and in a different company. Is my cast solid?
I don’t think so…
As the line from Limp Bizkit song an OST from MI2 goes “Life is a lesson… You learn it when you are through”, my cast is still growing, groomed by so many things around me. Just as the Iron casting is completed when it gets cold, my casting will be completed only when my blood dissipates all its heat and becomes cold!!!!
But, in the past two years some very very beautiful surfaces have been added to my cast and I love to see it everyday in the mirror!!!!

1 comment:

SiD said...

Cngrats man... and hope the layers u add on are more vibrant, full of zeal and energy and ofcourse beautiful to look at in the mirror!! ;)

All the best.. Way to Go!!!!